Shopify is a great ecommerce platform. But to build, manage and grow your store, you need certain features and functionality. Fortunately, Shopify has hundreds of apps that are easy to set up to meet your store’s needs.
In this post, we will dig through nine Shopify apps that will help your store thrive in 2022.
1. Landing Page Builder: GemPages
Landing page persuades the customers to buy the product that you are selling. That is why you do not settle with the initial design of your theme. You must create and test different landing pages to find the highest converting one. GemPages is a tool that will help you do so easily.
GemPages is a drag and drop landing page builder. In other words, you do not need to hire a developer in creating your landing page, only a designer.
It also has an A/B test feature and a high-converting template you can choose from.
About Gem Pages:
- Overall rating of ⭐ 4.9 stars on 2500+ reviews.
- Pricing starts at $15 per month. Offers 10-day free trial.
2. Product Reviews & UGC: Okendo
Okendo is a great app to capture product reviews and user-generated content, helping your store build trust.
Social proofs are needed to convert visitors to buyers.
With Okendo, the app does not only ask customers to leave reviews but it also asks specific questions – for instance, if you own a cosmetic store, you can ask for their age range, skin type and tone – helping customers in their decision-making. Customers can pair their reviews with photos and videos. The app also has a reward system in place, incentivizing customers for their actions.
Lastly, the app pushes your reviews to Google, Facebook and Instagram which helps drive traffic to your store.
- Overall rating of ⭐ 4.9 stars on 500+ reviews.
- Pricing starts at $29 per month. Offers 14-day free trial.
3. A/B Test Pricing: Dexter
One way to maximize your store’s profit is by split testing prices and you can do this by using Dexter.
With global inflation, now is the time you can raise your prices. You don’t want to raise your prices too high that it might discourage your customers from buying and you also don’t want your prices to be too low that you are leaving money on the table.
How do you find the best price point? By running A/B tests so you can make data-driven decisions.
Here’s a quick overview about the app:
- Overall rating of ⭐ 4.8 stars on 80+ reviews.
- Pricing is at $3.99 per 100 visitors.
4. A/B Test Shipping Rates & Threshold: Shipscout
Shipscout is an app that will help you split test shipping rates & free shipping threshold.
When launching a product, we often ask ourselves – should I offer free shipping or charge customers for it? Or if your store has been around for some time now and you are thinking – should I increase my free shipping threshold, or no? Shipscout will help you make confident decisions on such matters, instead of just guessing it.
The shipping rate or free shipping threshold that you offer in your store has an impact on the conversion rate and average order value (AOV), which ultimately affects your store’s profitability.
At the end of the day, you want to increase profit per visitor – and Shipscout helps you accomplish this.
More about Shipscout:
- Overall rating of ⭐ 5.0 stars on 10+ reviews.
- Pricing starts at $49 per month. Offers 7-day free trial.
- You need to have an Advanced Shopify plan, which costs $299 per month, to use the app.
5. Product Stock Alert: Back In Stock
Back In Stock is an app that notifies customers when an out-of-stock item becomes available.
Products being out of stock means losing potential sales, the app will help you bring customers back to the store and complete their purchase.
Customers will have to enter their email or phone number so that they will be a part of the waitlist that will be automatically notified once the product is in stock.
About Back In Stock:
- Overall rating of ⭐ 4.8 stars on 500+ reviews.
- Pricing starts at $29 per month. SMS notifications at $0.015 for each sent notification. Offers 14-day free trial.
- Can be integrated with other Shopify tools such as Klaviyo, MailChimp and Campaign Monitor.
6. Post-Purchase Upsell: AfterSell
Product recommendations, upsell and cross-sell are commonly used in Shopify stores to increase average order value (AOV). However, only few take advantage of post-purchase upsell. To add this feature to your store, you can use the app called AfterSell.
Upsell, or pre-purchase upsell, appears before a customer places an order, usually on the Product page or Cart page. On the other hand, post-purchase upsell appears once the customer has placed an order, typically on the Order Confirmation page or Thank You page.
Having a post-purchase upsell page will help boost your sales since you are lessening your customer acquisition cost (CAC). You are selling to a customer that you already have acquired, making the cost of acquisition zero.
Also, since the customer has placed an order, chances are they are more likely to accept the post-purchase upsell product since they have paid for the shipping fee already.
What makes post-purchase upsell attractive is that it is a one-click transaction. Customers do not need to go through the whole checkout process again – it will automatically be added on their initial purchase – leading to better conversions.
More about Aftersell:
- Overall rating of 5.0 stars ⭐ on 300+ reviews.
- Offers a free plan for stores with up to 50 orders per month. If orders exceed pricing differs depending on the monthly orders.
7. Email Marketing: Klaviyo
Klaviyo is an email marketing tool.
Email marketing is essential in connecting and engaging with customers. You want to ensure that the traffic that comes to your site converts. Why?
Because boosting audience growth leads to revenue growth.
There are many email marketing platforms out there but Klaviyo stands out from the rest with its customization and segmentation. Sending emails should be as personalized as possible so that customers feel that the email is specifically written for them and Klaviyo helps you do this.
More about Klaviyo:
- Overall rating of ⭐ 4.2 stars on 1500+ reviews.
- Pricing depends on the number of email contacts. They do offer some sort of free trial that allows you to send 500 emails to 250 contacts.
- Quite complicated to use if you are a new to email marketing that is why most people would hire Klaviyo experts. But if you want to do it yourself, the videos on Klaviyo Academy will provide you enough know-how in taking advantage of the platform.
8. SMS Marketing: SMSBump
Building relationships with customers is essential in ecommerce. That is why, you should not only rely on email marketing in your efforts to reach out to customers. SMS marketing is a channel you can take advantage of, to be as close as possible to your customers and SMSBump is a good tool for this.
SMS campaigns are short and sweet and have a personal touch which gives it an edge over emails. If you look at the numbers, SMS marketing has an average open rate of 99% and an average click-through rate of 45%. Compare these numbers in email marketing, it is significantly higher.
With SMSBump, you cannot only create flows and schedule SMS campaigns but you can segment and split test it as well.
Here’s a quick overview about SMSBump:
- Overall rating of 4.8 stars ⭐ on 2100+ reviews.
- Message pricing differs depending on the number of messages you’ll be sending per month. You also have to pay a monthly subscription according to the plan you choose.
- Can be integrated with other Shopify tools such Klaviyo, Yotpo, Recharge among others.
9. Cohort Analysis: Peel
Cohort analysis focuses on analyzing a group of customers, who share a common characteristic, over a period of time. Peel is a Shopify app that automates the analysis instead of you doing it manually.
Running cohort analysis gives you a better understanding of customer behavior, leading to better decision making on customer acquisition and retention.
It will help you acquire high-value customers and increase customer lifetime value (LTV).
Here’s a quick overview about the app:
- Overall rating of ⭐ 5.0 stars on 10+ reviews.
- Pricing starts at $149 per month. Offers 15-day free trial.
- Can be integrated with apps such as Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Tiktok and Klaviyo.
We make use of Shopify apps to increase our store’s profit. But keep in mind to not overdo it, that it becomes an expense to good user experience.
Always check how an app will affect the speed and performance of your website, both on mobile and web. You want customers to spend as much time on your website, that is why you need to make sure that the apps are not making your store slow and unresponsive.
These Shopify apps are meant to boost your store’s performance and not hinder it. So, don’t hesitate to reach out to the developer if the app affects your website’s code and performance.